Effective May 1, 2020, we have been allowed to slowly resume elective/ non-emergency dental procedures. Due to increased mandates passed by the CDC and Alabama State Dental Board, and having limited access to PPE (personal protective equipment), this has been a slow process going forward.
We have been working to reorganize our office, in hope of remaining efficient. Even so, please expect longer than normal appointment times, so we are able to maintain the highest standards of safety for our patients and staff.
These are some things to expect at your upcoming visits:
- All patients are expected to brush their teeth prior to arrival.
- Please limit personal items brought to the appointment.
- Since we will not be allowed to utilize our waiting area, only the scheduled patient (or parent or caregiver if patient is a minor or a person with a mental/physical disability) will be allowed into the office for the appointment.
- When you arrive, we ask that you remain in your vehicle and call the office to notify us of your arrival.
- A staff member will meet you at your vehicle, take your temperature, and ask you a series of COVID-19 disclosure questions.
- We will escort you inside to a designated hand sanitizing area.
- You will be required to sign a COVID-19 informed consent for treatment.
- Our staff will then bring you to a treatment room, where you will rinse with a hydrogen peroxide solution for one minute, prior to seating. You will also use this same rinse at the end of your visit.
As always, our goal is to provide a safe environment for our patients and staff. We appreciate your continued patience and support during this unprecedented time. We hope that this will eventually pass and things can get back to “normal.”
Dr. Deese and staff